|"We win! You win! Woos!"|
|"My turn to read it next!"|
- I used to be an equestrian. I raised, rode, trained, and showed horses Western-style. I even rescued a homeless dog and brought him home bareback. A little Spitz named Max. I had a hard time getting my parents to believe that "he just followed me home," though. Guess the dog on the horse's back gave it away.
- I made friends with a police drug-sniffing guard dog when I was about 10. There was a butcher shop a few doors down and I would get free bones and toss them over the fence to the vicious German Shepherd. The owner couldn't believe the dog didn't eat me, so he gave her to me when he closed the business. For some reason, my folks once again had a hard time believing that "she just followed me home." I just don't understand why. But of course she became part of the family!
- I have never flown on an airplane. I did sit in the back of a Cessna once for a photoshoot of the student pilot. Does that count?
- I love rock music and rock concerts. A tradition I have passed on and now enjoy with my daughter. My one Husky loves rock music too. He was weaned on it.
- I received my first camera as a Christmas present from my parents when I was five. I think it was called a Silly Camera, and it took real black and white Polaroid-like photos that you could do some cool distortions with. My career was launched!
- I've always loved and have been around animals. We once had 77 baby chicks in our furnace room in our house in the city. Then we moved to the country and added more dogs, cats, horses, a bull, and a parakeet who loved to perch upside down on his swing. Sadly, he met his demise when he fell off his perch and landed on his head.
- I raised a wild fox. My brother came across a red fox who had been hit by a car on a rural road. He found a nest of babies nearby with one surviving little baby. He brought it home and we nursed it with a baby doll bottle. My brother moved, and I cared for it until he passed. He loved to eat dog food, climb on my shoulder, and would make "ah-ah" sounds, so my two-year-old niece named it "Ahh." (sounds like "at" without the "t.")
- My favorite sport is walking my Huskies. Wait, what...? Who says that's not a sport???
See you all next year!