Licensed Sibes in the Car: Bark Buckle Up!

Gibson is proud of his Pet Safety Card.
Just in time for holiday travel, I'd like to once again talk about pet travel safety, expanding upon my original Be Smart Ride Safe post from October when we took "the Pledge" to continue buckling up our Sibes for safety. Today is a very important day in the FiveSibes' household. In the mail arrived all five of their driver's licenses. Well, actually, they are canine passenger Pet Safety Registration Cards. These cards look similar to our driver's licenses, and include a valid photo of our pet, as well as valuable information about our pets who travel with us. The cards are kept in the car's glove compartment.

An alert sticker is placed on the car's driver's side window to notify emergency personnel that this information is on board in case of an accident or other travel incident.  

Information listed on the card includes the pet's name, type, sex, breed, color, birthdate, weight, vet info, pet parent name and info, a friend's name and info, and a spot for important information such as if our pet requires specific medical attention or has a medical condition. On my Gibson's card, we have listed that he is an epileptic and requires specifically timed medications.

To sign up your pet for their very own free Pet Safety Kit, which includes the Pet Safety Card and window sticker, visit the Bark Buckle Up site and complete the online form. It's a very simple step to ensure the safety of our beloved pets. While you're there, be sure to link over to the Be Smart Ride Safe site and take "the Pledge."

Here are a few videos from the Pet Safety Lady on the proper ways to buckle-up your pet:



With the holiday shopping season upon us, while it is tempting to bring our pets along for the ride, let's leave them safely at home instead. In all of the hub-bub, they can get loose, escape from the car, become frantic with the busy cars and even busier shoppers, and wind up getting lost, injured, or killed. When traveling to visit family, be sure all pets are safe and happy passengers by buckling them up either with their own seat belt or in a crate. Their safety equals safety for all the passengers, both human and canine, as well as that of our fellow highway travelers. 

Here's to a very happy and safe holiday travel season!






Comments

  1. Thanks for an important post. We're going to go apply for our pet safety cards.
    Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Y'all,

    My Humans got me a seat belt and I hated it, so I ate it while they were busy driving. That ended that.

    So they went out and bought an SUV, the only thing big enough to hold a crate for a 100lb Chessie. And the biggest crate that would fit is still a wee bit small...SIGH...but...they do stop frequently and take me out to stretch and sniff.

    Take care and stay safe this Holiday Season. Make sure your Humans buckle up too.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting. I have heard of doing it for your home, but never really thought of being registered for your car. Makes sense though. We'll have to check it out.

    Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. I really appreciate your thoughts and my husband wanted to give his personal thanks also. You told me what he's been telling me for years. Sometimes you just want to give everything you can give and you just can't always do you. I'm getting better at accepting this, but sometimes it just gets to me. Thank you so much for sharing, because sometimes I feel alone with these thoughts and I just needed a reminder. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very important post.:) Buckling up is the only way to go.:)

    Love,
    Teddy Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! It's just irresponsible to let your dog loose in a car. Kodee is belted into a "Snoozer" car seat and Becky uses a crate due to car sickness. Loose dogs are not only at danger of being hurt but can be a distraction to the driver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great post! I had not heard of the card, er license, before. What a great idea! Jasper and Daisy will be applying for their cards as well. I am SO glad you shared this!

    So glad I stopped by on the blog hop today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW - LOVE the Christmas photo of the 5 Sibes above!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you sibes got drivers licenses. Super cool. Can you pick me up?
    norwood
    PS- we are gonna check out that site since I"m always in the carballs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your response to a recent post on my blog ... it meant more than you know. I need to stop by here more often. Somehow I've become blog-lazy! Fantastic pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great information, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woof! Woof! Very important reminder ... thanks for the post. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this information.
    We are headed over their now to sign up:)

    Thank you for suggestions with Leroy:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, I do not buckle up. I am just so HUGE! But we do drive as carefully as possible and I am never left alone for long out of sight. Of course I am happy to nap in the car and momma ALWAYS locks the doors when I am in there.

    Slobbers,
    mango

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great reminder. Thank you! Do you ever take all 5 together at once? I'm trying to imagine them all buckled up in the car together! BOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!