Trimming the Tree on Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas Eve Day! Ornaments hold a special meaning to me, with many on our tree having a significant connection to the giver or for the receiver. There are many passed down from my mother to me, special ones given as gifts (see Toto with Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz? I like her name!), and the most special ones of all...the handcrafted ones my daughter made while in elementary school (see my all-time favorite ceramic Snoopy one she made). Also highlighting our tree are many canine ornaments, some whimsical and some reminiscent of our dogs, past and present. There are some that are still hung in memory of our late German Shepherd/Akita Chelsey, and many, many Siberian Husky ones; with a few more added this year! 

When I was a child, my family trimmed the tree on Christmas Eve. My Dad would put up the lights and my Mom would even out the branches using black sewing thread. Then I could hang a few ornaments, but the rest we left for Santa Claus to do.  (My brother and sister were much older than I, so they kept the tradition going just for me by hanging some on too.) Then, on Christmas morning, when I came rushing into the family room, it was pure magic as I saw the glistening Christmas tree all adorned with ornaments and garland and tinsel with presents gathered all around its base. What a magical time that was!

So, in honor of my family's old tradition of trimming the tree on Christmas Eve, I thought I'd post this little slideshow of some of the special canine ornaments that hang proudly on the branches of our tree. And, as you can see,  the FiveSibes shared in the excitement as they kept watch over some of the ornaments that caught their eye (and Chloe wondered why she couldn't eat hers!)

Merry Christmas Eve Day to all...and we hope you enjoy the show! (To disable the background music, scroll to bottom of page and click the pause button on the jukebox).


Music by Kenny G.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Lets try that again w/o all the typos:)
    Those are some furry kool ornaments! For some reason, our tree only gets interesting ornaments on the top half, above Sibe snooter level. go figure!

    Merry Christmas from the cybersibes!
    jack & moo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing....Beth said it made her remember some of her past Christmas's....and now we are making new memories.... The ornaments are beautiful! Have a very Merry Christmas, my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some sweet ornaments. We also have a lot of doggy ones as well as some collected from our travels. The best part of trimming the tree is the memories.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing them!

    They are quite special!

    Happy HOWLidays!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra and Phyll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pictures! Merry Christmas!
    your Friends
    Geisha,Grover,Lily,Bailey,Wrinkles and Foster Baby Maya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!