FBF: Christmas in July With Our Pupsters

 FiveSibes #Flashback ~ Christmas Day 2015 ~ Pupters: Wolfie, Bandit, and Chloe
 
'Tis the season for Christmas in July memories! Some are so joyful, and others bittersweet. Christmas. morning 2015 is both. This was the first Christmas after my beloved Gibson earned his wings just nine days earlier, and my dear mother a month prior. I feel like that December was a blur. In some ways, it feels like just a year or two ago, not almost 11 years. Time is very surreal. This photo was taken on Christmas morning by the beautiful tree my daughter went and picked out and decorated in a different style just for me. Although I was physically there, I was filled with double grief over my losses. But this tree, surrounded by my family and our four remaining Huskies, was the spark I needed to push on. Even in loss, we can appreciate our blessings. I took solace in the fact that Gibson had to suddenly leave to keep an eye on my mother because that was my boy Gib; always looking out for me. I worried how Harley, Wolfie, Bandit, and Chloe were going to cope without Gibson. But, together, we all got through the holiday season and although grieving, we were together—my daughter, husband, and our Huskies. We shared the day together, reminisced, cried, laughed, and enjoyed seeing the Pupsters (pictured here) tear into their gifts (see the stack of new toys behind Bandit?) 
 
“The best Christmas memories are the ones we create together, no matter where we are.” ~Unknown 
 
Looking at this photo, I noticed two things. My pupsters were right by me. Even though they, too, were grieving the loss of their big brother, they knew I was sad. Dogs sure can sense those things. And so there they were, right by me. Gosh, how I miss them all. 
 
The other thing I noticed...Bandit is winking! 
 
What do you think Bee was winking at? That everything was going to be all right? Or...that she would be trying to steal her siblings' new toys (the Bandit that she truly was!)? Or...maybe both?
  

 💚 Memories Are Visits For The Heart ❤️  

 

Join in our weekly #FlashbackFriday Blog & Social Media Hop!

 The Linky tool below for the Blog Hop will open all week for you to join us and share pics from yesteryear or yesterday! Please include our badge and *link back to us*, and  be sure to hop along down Memory Lane with us and visit the other blogs. Don't forget to leave a nice comment!

 Grab Our #FlashbackFriday Badge! 
(take a screenshot!) 

 

 Pssst...Have you read my latest FiveSibes Tale? 

 To order directly from Amazon, click on the image below. As an Amazon affiliate, I will receive a very small commission *at no extra cost* to you.

 For more info & to see the stops and fab reviews on my Wolfie, What Is The Rainbow Bridge? virtual Book Tour, check HERE!

 

 Follow Us on Social Media!
Click on the logos below to go to some of our pages! 
 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why A Purple Pumpkin for Howloween? Plus, A Gibson Howloween Coloring Page!

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

"Freedom 46"

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs