Thanksgiving Through The Years

 New 2022 cartoon of my FiveSibes created by artist Cameo Anderson

 

I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday had a healthy one filled with beautiful memories. Life changes so fast--and in a blink of an eye, a decade or more has passed. For me, this is the first Thanksgiving without any of my FiveSibes, as we are coming up on a year for Wolfie's passing. My life is blessed with family and grandchildren, but I do miss my dogs. As a matter of fact, it's been the first time in my entire life that I have not had a dog in my family! While I am still missing my Wolfie and my five, I'm choosing to look back fondly over the years spent with them. And boy, did they love Thanksgiving! All the delicious smells and their waiting for some turkey and baked sweet potatoes (plain, just for them!). They knew it was a holiday full of yummy things. And when I sat down at night in the living room, with all of them snoozing around me, it was one of the most content feelings. They were happy, they were safe, they were together with me. They were so larger than life in personaly as individuals and as a pack, and they touched my soul, and I will carry them forever in my heart, wherever I may go. They will always be my Forever FiveSibes.

"I'm so thankful  you all were in my life."
~Dorothy "FiveSibesMom"

So, today for Flashback Friday, I'm taking a fond and always fun look back at Thanksgivings past from Wolfie's last Thanksgiving with us last year, to our first Thanksgiving with all FiveSibes!  Almost two decades of pure joy...

My baby boy, Wolf (who was almost 14) last Thanksgiving.
 

Bandit, Chloe, and Harley having some yummy turkey cookies from their favorite doggy bakery, Sassy's Goodies!
 

Our sweet Chloe with our turkey (that Wolf posed with too!)
 

This was such a fun year! Many, many Thanksgivings ago...when I'd open my kitchen window and rest the hot pans of stuffing on the sill, my Harley, Chloe, Gibson, Bandit, and Chloe would come up to sniff the goodies! No stuffing for them...but they did get baked sweet potatoes and turkey!
 


And every Thanksgiving morning kicked off with the Macy's Parade! 
Here Wolfie was enjoying the music playing on the TV!
 
 
"Every moment we shared together was precious. 
I will cherish them all always."
~Dorothy "FiveSibesMom" 


 

The Linky tool will open all week for you to join us in the Blog Hop and share pics from yesteryear or yesterday, include our badge and *link back to us*, and  be sure to hop along and visit the other blogs and don't forget to leave a nice comment! 

Happy Friday! 

 
 

 

Back to our Home Page and Our Other Pages, including Our About the Breed Page and Our #LiveGibStrong On-Line K-9 Epilepsy Resource Page, ArcticHouse Books & Gifts Shoppe & so much more!  Just click on "More" Pages at top of blog.

Comments

  1. A wonderful walk down the precious Thanksgivings. Beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely memory of your Five Sibes! I'm so glad you have so many beautiful photos and memories to pull up even as life changes. Crazy how time flies! And now their legacies, especially Gibson's, lives on through you. What an amazing inspiration you are to so many walking your path. I always love reading about your flash backs and pack. I hope your holiday, although different, was, and will be beautiful with your family this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have your family but I know there is a dog shaped space you miss. Their love for Thanksgiving food DID make me smile. Their own sweet potatoes and turkey? They were thankful I am SURE. Having photos and the ability to use them to treasure and celebrate the Sibes is just the loveliest thing.

    Marjorie at Dash Kitten

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such beautiful photos and memories! What a blessing to have 5 gorgeous, sweet, funny sites in your life. I hope you'll be able to add another fur baby to your life soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Preparing Your Epi-Dog For The Solar Eclipse