A Visit From North of the Rainbow Bridge on a #FlashbackFriday

 Our beloved four FiveSibes furangels: 
Bandit, Chloe, Harley & Gibson
#Flashback Photo: Spring 2015
 
 
Do you believe in signs from our beloved departed dogs?
 
Today's Flashback goes back to the Summer Solstice, which if you are a Husky or northern breed dog parent, you probably already know that solstices and equinoxes are special times to light a candle and remember all of our dearly beloved pups who have made their journey to North of the Rainbow Bridge. (If you'd like to learn more, or to include your dog on the Sibernet's list, please visit the Siberian Husky Memorial Candle Lighting page HERE. The next candle lighting will be on the Autumn Equinox, August 22, 2021).

The Summer Solstice, which was on June 20th this year, brought about today's wondrous story.

The morning broke as usual in our house, with my daughter brewing coffee, Wolfie wooing to go out, and the grandkids laughing and screeching to their morning games and shows. After all the initial morning craziness, my daughter and I sat down to have our coffee while the kids played and Wolfie ate. That is when my daughter told me about a "realistic" dream she had. 
 
She told me how Chloe (who was her dog, and Wolfie's littermate sister) was barking and wooing, something sweet chatty Chloe did whenever she wanted treats or food. And she was always loud about it! So, my daughter was telling me how it was so real...that in her slumber state she was thinking how Chloe was so loud, that she was going to wake up the kids. Then, while she was still in bed, she said she felt her jump up on the bed and with a paw pushed on her, just how Chloe would always do. My daughter said she woke up, half expecting to see her Chloe by her side, only the room was empty. Chloe was not there. She had passed two summers ago.



Or was she there?

Naturally, I had chills. My daughter is a busy mom of two kiddos, and not up on all the dog stuff like me. I sat there, rubbing the chills away, and asked her if she knew what the day was. Shaking her head no, I explained to her that it was the summer solstice, a special day for families to to light a candle in remembrance of their furangel Siberian Huskies.
 
My daughter put down her coffee cup and said, "No...is that true?"
 
Yes, it is true.
 
And once again, I'm here to ponder the bonds we share with our beloved dogs, and the heavenly signs they give us after they are gone. Chloe and my daughter were very close and shared some very happy and some very tough times together. Chloe recuperated in my daughter's room after she blew out both CCLs when she was just a four-year-old pup and my daughter nursed her back to health. When she had a horrible reaction to a topical flea and tick treatment and went (temporarily) blind, my daughter laid by her side. When my daughter went through a tough time, Chloe was right next to her (she even knocked the offender down into a snow bank!)
 
So, was it a dream? Or did Chloe come pay her loving human a visit on the Huskies' special memorial day? 

Me...well, you know I believe it was a visit. I've had my own experiences with signs from Gibson, Harley & Bee. And, we had lost Chloe so very suddenly to liver failure, that our goodbyes felt so rushed to me. One moment she was there and being her chatty Chloe self, and then the next, she wouldn't eat (her favorite thing to do), and then the vet was at our house with horrible news of her bloodtest results, telling us time was of the essence to help her make her journey peacefully before her body began to shut down. She was gone before I could even process what the hell had happened. It was all so fast. Her time here was done. It all came as such a shock. 
 
So could this "dream" be Chloe coming through on that special day to let my daughter know she was just fine, north of the Rainbow Bridge?

I believe.

Do you?
 
 
"A voice is heard along the road, 
and up beyond the hill,
then I remember,
it can’t be yours — 
your golden voice is still."
~Unknown Author 
 
 

 

  The Linky tool will open all week for you to join us in the Blog Hop and share pics from yesteryear or yesterday, include our badge and *link back to us*, and  be sure to hop along and visit the other blogs and don't forget to leave a nice comment! Happy Friday!  
 



 (You'll have to screenshot it!)
 
 

Comments

  1. Such sweetie Angels, always loved and always missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful flashbacks.

    Have a fabulous Friday and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was definitely a wonderful visit from the Bridge. Those kinds of signs let us know our beloved fur kids are still reaching out to us with loving tenderness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe my dogs spirits are all around touching me. I had a dream once that was so real it continued while I lay there awake. I dreamed Brut was laying next to me pressed up against my back. When I opened my eyes, I didn't move and could still feel Brut there. There is no doubt it was him and that he was there. It was the best "dream" I could ever have. So I definitely believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe it, when Baby died every night for weeks I felt her walking all over the bed moving her blanket like she always did, it all stopped when Layla arrived and I feel that is when she felt I was not alone anymore. So you daughter telling you her dream is so real so I firmly believe Chloe was there with her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, we believe it. What a special moment for your daughter and Chloe. We would love to have some visits from our Angels too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Preparing Your Epi-Dog For The Solar Eclipse