What to Do If You've LOST or FOUND a Dog

 

 
"Not all stray dogs are homeless,"  
states Lost Dogs of America. 
 
While we don't want to think about our dog getting out and lost, but now, especially with the nicer weather, means more times dogs are outside or traveling, and the risk is high that they can get loose and become lost. Dogs can travel--or be taken--great distances. What do you do when your dog goes missing?
 
The flip side is there are a great number of dogs found. How do you get it back home to its family?
 
My latest article in 4Knines "Lost and Found Dogs: Resources to Help" is a MUST READ for all dog parents. I share important tips, sites, resources, poster templates, and a 2-part episode of my show "The Sibe Vibe" featuring experts from Lost Dogs of America, Lost Dogs of Wisconsin, PetFBI, and Lost/Found Husky Group on Facebook.


Please check out my article, bookmark it, share it, and remember, "All stray dogs are not homeless!"

Together, with these valuable resources cited in my article, we can hopefully help reunite lost dogs with their families.
 
 
 
 
Links to these shows are in the article.
 
 


Comments

  1. There are so many lost and found pups around our area, I always wonder why so many people seem to pay so little attention to where their pups are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though we purrsonally don't have a concern about a "lost kitty" ... having had many dogs in my life, and a little "beagle runner" that continually found a way to sneak out of the house for her adventures ... the stress and worry of a lost dog is huge! This resources and tips should be read by all dog lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs will definitely get lost through Summer, especially on 4th of July. I'll check out your article!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might sound silly but I cannot understand how people lose their dogs as I feel if you are a responsible dog parent you would be really careful, fantastic post and resources and let us pray each lost dog finds his or her home again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post! Especially as scary fireworks season approaches and many dogs and pets will look for any route to escape the noise.
    I've had many lost dogs find their way to me over the years. Thankfully, I've been able to find their owners as they've mostly had tags. Although, one lost pup became a family dog as she obviously escaped a bad situation.
    I didn't realize Google Voice was offering free internet phone service again. I love it when a company does the right thing.
    This is such wonderful information. Often when a pet goes missing you're just filled with anxiety and can't think straight. This is a perfect roadmap that all pet parents need. I'm definitely bookmarking it. I'm also sharing it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be sharing this important post! I remember volunteering at my local animal nonprofit organization and a frantic pet owner rushed in terrified as she lost her dog. She didn't have her dog microchipped, so she had to do the old-fashioned way of posting flyers in hopes of someone identifying her dog. It was heartbreaking to watch. Share your original post with your tips of what to do in such a circumstance will help many dog parents!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Preparing Your Epi-Dog For The Solar Eclipse