Shine On In Your Silver Harnesses on This Longest Night

These beautiful personalized candles are lit for my beloved FiveSibes: Harley, Gibson, Wolf, Bandit, and Chloe on this Winter Solstice, the shortest day and longest night of the year—the official beginning of Winter, a Siberian Husky's favorite season! The story is told that when our beloved Siberian Huskies and sled dogs journey to north of the Rainbow Bridge, upon their welcome, they receive a beautiful Silver Harness. This special harness frees them of their earthly pain, and allows them to run across those forever snowy fields healthy and free and happy again, with the Northern lights dancing above them. 

 

I have a special bond with my own five that has a direct link to snow and rainbows and clouds...to me, a quick unexpected snow squall means they are near, having some amazing snow zoomies up in the heavens, stopping abruptly to send down a heavy squall to say hello, and just sometimes, they will shine a rainbow in my direction or a zoom by in a fleeting shape in the clouds to let me know they are never far from me in spirit. 

 


"Follow me down the path
I will walk beside you
Guiding and showing you the way.
I will not leave you.
I will be standing on the path watching you.
If you ever feel alone
Close your eyes
You will see six sets of footprints
Two belonging to you, four to me.
Then you know that I have not left you.
I will be there to guide you,
Whenever you need."
~Native America Wolf Prayer

So in the memory of our beloved Huskies, when darkness stretches across the land on this longest night, we light a candle (virtual or real) and reminisce of all the wonderful days spent together and let the memories flow while being ever so thankful we were blessed to have them in our lives. Those memories that truly are visits for our broken hearts, healing them for just a bit, bringing them back into our lives for even the briefest of moments.




 
 Shine on my dear FiveSibes. 
Shine on for eternity.

Also in my heart are my Sandy (first dog as a married couple) who we adopted in September of 1982, and earned his wings June 15, 1994; and Chelsey (first dog when I was a new mom and who was always with my daughter and her bunny!) who we adopted on the day Sandy passed June 15, 1994 and she journey to the Rainbow Bridge in 2007. Both amazing dogs.
 

đź•Żđź•Ż
 
 
 
 


Comments

  1. So many joyful memories of those lovey babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful tribute to your beautiful five Huskies, brought tears in my eyes, sending you a big hug

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Preparing Your Epi-Dog For The Solar Eclipse