When Gibson Oversaw the Release of Our EPIc Dog Tales Book!



When my book, EPIc Dog Tales: Heartfelt Stories About Amazing Dogs Living & Loving Life With Canine Epilepsy had it's early release, it was so exciting! The early release was for all the amazing dog families who were part of this book--122 stories about 124 dogs  (that I refer to as Epi-Stars) from across the world who lived with Canine Epilepsy. This book was a project so near and dear to my heart. My own Gibson is on the cover and my inspiration to write this book. The stories that came in were...heartfelt and amazing and inspirational. This is a beautiful large glossy coffee table book...and originally put out through my own ArcticHouse Publishing and through Amazon. Now, there is a limited amount of copies available through my FiveSibes ArcitcHouse Books & Gifts Shoppe (the fees to list it online and mailing were just too much and I donate a portion from my books) and I am holding a special for November's Epilepsy Awareness Month...the books right now are on sale for 25% off, ~Plus~ I am going to donate 20% to Canine Epilepsy research! Be sure to see below on how to order your limited first edition copy!

This book has received several awards that have touched my heart! From the Independent Press Award for "Excellence" in Reference Book category to the New York City Big Book Award for "Excellence" in the Pet Book category, to being named "Best in Print" from AmericanPet Magazine every year since it was published, and being named a "Top Dog Book" from Talent Hounds.

 


And the reviews have been amazing. But no surprise there as these are truly heartfelt stories that any dog lover, especially those who share their life with a dog who has seizures. Below, is a review by Dr. Karen Muñana, Professor of Neurology, The Companion Animal Epilepsy Research Lab at the North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, and member of the International Veterinary Epilepsy Task Force:

To read more book reviews, please visit HERE

When these books were printed - it was such a joy. I worked hands-on with my local printer to get it exactly how I wanted it, and I worked closely with the book designer, Barbara K. Slocum, to bring my concept to print in order to produce a beautiful book about so many beautiful dogs living life with Canine Epilepsy.

 Gibson posing with the packaged up first copies of EPIc Dog Tales!
 

I still recall how my publishing date was March 2015 for Purple Day® for Epilepsy, but I was able to do a pre-publication date before Christmas 2014 in order to get the books to those who stories were included out to them fin time for the holiday. It was a very exciting time as an author, edit, publisher, and most of all, an Epi-dog parent! Just a few days before Christmas, Gibson and I sat on the floor of my living room and packaged up about 150 copies of the pre-releases to get out in the mail! As you can see from Gibson's expression below, he was pretty excited about it, too!

Gibson, in his infinite old soul wisdom, 
just knew this was an exciting book release! 
Look at that happy Husky smile of his!

This was a few days before Christmas that year, and oh, what a wonderful, exciting, hectic, exhilarating time it was for my Gib and me. We sold half of our copies as soon as they were released! 

 

This will always be a book I am so very proud of, and so thankful for all the families who contributed stories to this book, and so very honored my sweet Epi-boy Gibson was here with me when our book was released.

 
 
 
 
 
 To order a copy of EPIc Dog Tales, please send an Email to us at: ArcticHousePublishing@gmail.com and put "EPIc Dog Tales" in the subject line.
Give us the 25% off discount code: FIVESIBESGIBSON for the special discount for EPIc Dog Tales, and furnish your mailing address (for postage costs), I will send you an invoice with the discounted price.
Sale is good through December 31, 2022.
And I'll DONATE 20% to Canine Epilepsy Research! 
***This Discount Applies to EPIc Dog Tales book Only***
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Preparing Your Epi-Dog For The Solar Eclipse