A Special Birthday Cake & Request on a #FlashbackFriday


#FiveSibes #Flashback ~ 2015 ~ Gibson
 
“Love leaves a memory no one can steal."  
~Irish Saying
 
Where, oh where, does the time go? This time of year - the first day of Autumn - brings to mind memories of seasons past, and since I'm an Autumn baby, this is also my birthday season. For my #FlashbackFriday trip down Memory Lane this week, we stop off at one of my birthdays past. I remember this particular birthday as clear as can be...my family surprised me with this gorgeous cake that had the image from a photo of my beloved heart dog, Gibson. All of my FiveSibes seemed to know when it was a birthday - I think maybe cake gave it away - as they would be excitedly (and always patiently) waiting for their piece (or as in the case of their birthdays, the whole cake). As you can see from the photos, Gibson was at the ready for a sample of my birthday cake! Of course, he was able to sample it, and loved it. 
 
 
Of course I shared my "Gibson" cake with my Gibson! I love how
he rested his paw on my arm. 💜
 
Little did I know that this would be the last birthday he and my mother would be here for. I'm so thankful that each memory made, were big moments. Moments I always cherished while they were happening. 
 
 
Why, yes, G-man. That is you on my cake! 
 
My mother passed two months after these photos,  followed by my Gibson making his journey north of the Rainbow Bridge when hemangiosarcoma suddenly stole his life. That was one of the most difficult seasons for me. I was heartbroken. And, if I know my Gibbie, and I surely do, he must have felt he need to leave to keep my dear mom company and be sure she arrived safely to Heaven and into the arms of loved ones waiting there for her. He's probably sprawled out Gibson style - upside down - at her feet right now.

This boy was so much more than "just a dog"...he was my spirit animal. My furry best friend. My forever heart dog. And he always will be.
 
 Click on #LiveGibStrong logo to go to our FREE online
Canine Epilepsy Resource Library

 
 

 

For this year's birthday, I'm hosting an indefinite DONATION REQUEST for the not-profit organiztion The Wally Foundation ~ Canine Epilepsy (TWF), in honor of my #Epi-dog, Gibson. TWF provides possible financial assistance for much-needed medications to families of dogs diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy.* You can read my in-depth interview all about TWF and how they help Epi-dogs in need and their families HERE. 

*When making a donation to TWF, please note that it is for "FiveSibesMom's Birthday"
(Donations can be made any time of year).
 


On behalf of me, my Gibson & Epi-dogs everywhere...

 
♥︎ Memories are Visits for the Heart ♥︎
 
 

The Linky tool will open all week for you to join us in the Blog Hop and share pics from yesteryear or yesterday, include our badge and *link back to us*, and  be sure to hop along and visit the other blogs and don't forget to leave a nice comment! 

Happy Friday!
 


Comments

  1. Sending loads of birthday woos on the occasion of your birthday. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! And what a terrific cause. We LOVE your cake! And that the photo became such happy (and bitter sweet) memories is terrific. We don't often do flashbacks, but we saw your badge on the cat blogosphere and decided to pawticipate. It has been a while since we stopped by to see you guys, but then we have not blogged very often lately. Now we shall sing you the song!
    ♫♪♥♥[̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] [̲̅̅B̲̅][̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅T̲̅][̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅D̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♥ ♥
    ¸¸.•*¨*• ♫♪Happy Birthday to you♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday dear 5 Sibes Mom! !!!!! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    Purrs Marvelous Marv, Kozmo, Jo Jo, & Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday from us! That is just the sweetest flashback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavens, what a gorgeous cake and was absolutely precious memories. It is astonishing how much we remember even after our beloved pets have gone; and Gibson was a total super star.

    Happy Birthday Dorothy (and I hope you had nice cake this year too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! What a birthday memory! I'm so glad you have that one to recall. Such a beautiful cake too. I bet it was just a tasty. Life is one crazy journey. It's a good thing we only have hindsight and not foresight.
    I love your birthday idea! Such a great giveback - and so you to think of others and have a nod to Gibson. Beautiful!

    Wishing you a happy birthday full of joyful memories and I hope you make a few new ones as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Memories are so precious. The cake is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful memory and the cake is WOW, you are very blessed to have these wonderful memories which you cherish and share, Happy Happy Birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!