Brotherly Love on a Flashback Friday

 FiveSibes ™ Flashback: Brothers Gibson & Wolf ~ June 2015



“Brothers are what best friends 

can never be.”

~Unknown
So, before we get into our fabulous Flashback Friday photos, some of you may have wondered where in the heck have we been, again? Periodically, as you may have noticed by now, I have to take a break from writing, blogging, and most things as my Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis flares up and along with that comes chronic pain and fatigue, to the point where picking up the laptop is a huge endeavor. While I am busy writing in my head, to actually get to it is tough. I know fellow autoimmuners understand...the best way I can describe it as trying to swim upstream in mud with weights on your whole body. Every day can be a new surprise...one day something hurts, and the next day it's something else. So when the Fibro "fog" clears, I jump in to get things done I've been working on, which I have a few coming! Now, if only my body cooperates with me for awhile so I can get back to writing!

The Struggle is Real
Too often we hear people passing judgments on others not knowing the struggles they may be facing, but choose to keep them to themselves. Not all illnesses and disabilities are visible. Autoimmune diseases are among them. I think we all need to feel blessed and be thankful for good the things in our lives, and try to always remember to "be kind." It doesn't take any time. It doesn't cost a cent. But being kind to each other is the best gift we can give each other, and to ourselves, and pass along to future generations. 

Gibson, My Spirit Animal
While recuperating from my latest flare, I've been thinking about my boy Gibson even more so. So many things I miss about my heart dog. He was truly a kind dog. He was so in tune with me...the stories I can share are incredible, miraculous actually. He knew when I was having a flare and did not feel well. He took on some of my health issues, and then they disappeared when I was better. Even our vet was shocked by one of these very serious instances. It goes beyond explanation. Divine, actually. My beloved Gibson was not only empathetic to me, he was a healer. My true spirit animal.

Husband Dog. Big Brother. Best Buddy.
Gibson was that rare dog. That "one" who had a true gift. In addition to our bond, I always loved his bond with the rest of our FiveSibes pack family. While Harley (his love) is the pack's queen, he was the glue that kept them all together. Don't get me wrong, they still are all together, but there was something special about how they migrated to where Gibson was. His relationship with Harley was always such a wonderful one--my married couple! But he was an amazing big brother, too. He and all his younger siblings had a wonderful relationship, but he and baby bro Wolf had a true brotherly relationship...and the above two flashback pics from four years ago really show that love and bond.        


I miss Gibson terribly, and know I always will. But I am so thankful he and all my FiveSibes have been a part of my family and my life. And, I know, in my heart, he will always be my spirit dog, and forever a beloved member of the FiveSibes. 💙


Has any of your beloved pets been your spirit animal and/or helped you heal from an injury or illness?
Share your story in the comments! I'd love to hear it.


📌 Do you live with an autoimmune disease/chronic illness? Come join us over on my Facebook support group - The A.I. Club: Living with Fibromyalgia, RA & Other Autoimmune Diseases





You're Invited to Join Us! 
Share your fave pics from Memory Lane from yesteryear or yesterday, grab our badge, link to us, and join in our weekly Flashback Friday Blog Hop! Hop link is open all week










Comments

  1. I'm sorry you have to deal with health issues! My mom and a friend of mine also have fibromyalgia and I know how much they struggle with it. I also have a (different) autoimmune disease and know what it's like to have good days and bad. Some days I feel almost human, others it's hard for me to even get out of bed. It's hard to have a chronic illness that isn't visible on the outside, as I've also found that people tend to pass judgement. Sending you gentle hugs and puppy snuggles from my two boys! I hope you feel better. Gibson was so adorable. I feel the same way - even when they are gone physically, our beloved passed pets are forever members of our pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gibson sounds like he wuz one speshul pup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you are dealing with health issues at the moment as it is not easy living with a chronic illness but you always amaze me with your positive outlook. Baby was my spirit animal as she was with me during the abusive relationship and kept me going through the hardest times but since she passed Layla has I must admit become my spirit animal also as she keeps me going through the hard times. I am so blessed to have her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gibson is a beautiful dog. My Reno was my spirit animal. He was with me through every important moment in my life. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is a struggle indeed. Those two do look precious and happy together, though--it's a blessing to have mementos of such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Treeno, my big tabby, holds that roll for me. I’m in the midst of a stupid flare up now with lots of work stress. I joined your autoimmune group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too live with a silent disorder and Brut was very much like your Gibson. In love with Silver and a father and my spirit dog. Brut helped me with my bipolar disorder and still does to this day. I don't go a day without thinking about him and this month will be four years gone. Doesn't seem right that we lost our heart dogs so early. Not that any time would ever be right. There was just something extra special about Brut that has marked my heart forever. I can't wait to seem him again someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praline helped me get through so much the 16 years I had her with me. I believe Truffle is channeling some of Praline's ability to know what is happening with me and knows when I need support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that you've been struggling with another flare up. My husband also has RA and it is really hard for people to understand what it is like. He had to retire from his job, even though he looks fine most days. The pain can be overwhelming, but even worse is the toll it takes on his spirit.

    The bond you share with Gibson is beautiful, I know you will always miss him. I'm glad you can share your special memories of him with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending oodles of poodles of thoughts of recovery with better days on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you miss Gibson like a Miss Dash. He is such a part of my being I feel him there even though it seems to be unconscious. You are amazing to battle on, I just get depressed and it does ME in I don't have half your struggles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Preparing Your Epi-Dog For The Solar Eclipse