Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight Chicken Dinner Review #ChewyInfuencer
|Woooo, come on, Mom, says Chloe. Open up the cans!|
With the New Year, many of us set a goal to eat better, shed a few pounds, and feel healthier. Well, the same goes for our beloved dogs! Here at FiveSibes, our Siberian Huskies' weight has always been fairly easy to maintain. Except for one--our dear, sweet Chloe. She breaks all the rules. She will eat anything and everything, and she does not have a full switch! She automatically knows when it is dinner time, and for meals and snacks she is always the first one front and center, verbally reminding us exactly what time it is!
|Woo! Our Chewy food came!|
She will also sneak in to clean the others' bowls of any leftovers, and even sometimes
sneaks in to eat while they are just to get some more tidbits of food! I have to monitor her food intake as she will have it inhaled before the others' dishes are even set down. Our brand choice of dog food just happens to be Blue Buffalo, although, I have never tried the Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight Chicken Dinner With Garden Vegetables and Brown Rice canned food before. With weight being a forever issue with Chloe (food is her "thing") and our athletic girl Bandit we need to keep an eye on as she can put on a pound here and there, so I monitor their food and snacks, I was very pleased to try this particular formula and the best part it is our brand of choice!
Bandit trying her Husky Mind Trick to open can!
FiveSibes is a #ChewyInfluencer. We received this case of Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables and Brown Rice canned dog food free of charge from Chewy.com in exchange for our honest review. I share only our personal experiences and opinions on brands and products I would use or give my own FiveSibes.
What do we love about this food?
1. The first ingredient is not a by-product, as with so many other brands. I mean, would you eat a by-product? Not me! The first item is real de-boned chicken. Yum!
|Chloe loves everything about it!|
3. Another key element - the food contains no corn, wheat, or soy!
4. It contains chelated minerals to boost the immune system - which is great for any dog, but especially for senior dogs, which my Huskies now are (our three "Pupsters" siblings Wolf, Chloe, and Bandit will be 11 in five days, and our alpha queen Harley turns 14 in March). Keeping that immune system strong and healthy is a top priority.
5. It also contains Biotin, which is part of the B-complex vitamin, and is said to help keep skin and coat healthy. Again, so important for any dog, but especially seniors, and our Harley has been dealing with skin allergies and bald spots, so having her on this should be a positive thing to help her coat and skin.
6. It's a paté formula, which means it is easily blendable with their dry food and my homemade add-ins.
7. It is a brand we use and have trusted since puppyhood!
8. Lastly, but definitely important, My FiveSibes love it!
Hey FiveSibes! They Like It!
|Wolf busy cleaning his bowl!|
While Chloe is the one I have to help watch her easily expandable waistline as she is quite the foodie, it is important to help all of our Huskies maintain a healthy weight, so I did not hesitate to let them all try the food, which is soft and easily mixed into their kibble. At first I wondered if they would balk at a weight control formula. Maybe it would be bland and they would turn their nose up at it...but, no!
|All done, says Harley!|
Chloe says, "More Homestyle Chicken Dinner please?!"
If you are looking to keep your dog's weight under control while feeding them a flavor they will enjoy, head on over to Chewy.com to try the Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight Chicken Dinner With Garden Vegetables and Brown Rice! It's paw-lickin' good! Oh, and PS - We love the home delivery program!