Let it Snow on a FiveSibes Flashback Friday!

Flashback Friday Photo ~ Gibson

Well, it's snowing here in the Hudson Valley and we have some very happy Huskies! The beautiful snowfall has inspired me to focus on a favorite Flashback Friday photo of my furangel Gibson, who I believe loved the snow more than any other dog I've ever had! This photo captures the true spirit of a Husky. While they all loved snow, Gibson soaked it up as though he were lying on a beach! Being a Husky, and a wooly one at that, when it snowed I'd be hard pressed to convince this snowdog to come inside! He loved to lay down on the snow, upside down with his belly to the heavens, feeling the cool flakes pile up on him! One time, it was hard to tell there was even a dog under all the snow! To say this breed was born to love snow is an understatement! Although, and they always say there is an exception to the rule, little sis Chloe (our "tropical Husky" never received the snowdog memo, and she prefers her days to basking in sunbeams! I love the above photo of my boy...the poster dog for Siberian Huskies and their love of the snow!

There is something so peaceful, yet exhilarating about a fresh snowfall. The world newly blanketed in shimmering white is so peaceful. It's a feeling I'd love to capture and keep with me always. I certainly understand why my FiveSibes love it so.


Even our senior gal Harley who, at 13.5, still loves to zoomie around in the freshly fallen snow! With my Huskies now senior dogs, I do get a bit apprehensive about her and my arthritic gal Chloe (her legs are "full of arthritis" at an early age due to emergency bilateral imbrication surgeries back when she was three when she blew out both CCLs and meniscuses. You can read all about her journey in my "For the Love of Chloe" post). But, as any Husky parent can tell you, you sprinkle a little snow, and while I feel the gray hairs growing, Siberian Huskies "just wanna have fun!" 

Today, we are now at about the 8" mark in freshly fallen snow, and the FiveSibes tribe of investigators set out to literally sniff out every square inch of snow in our yard! 


This morning's yard inspection: "Woo! Snow!"





YOU'RE INVITED! Come join in our weekly stroll down Memory Lane in our weekly FiveSibes Flashback Friday Blog Hop! Whether you share a photo of your pet (fave family, vacation, and landscape flashback pics welcome, too) from yesterday or yesteryear, let's have fun looking back over the amazing lives of our pets and past memories! What a wonderful way to kick off the weekend, too! We know how busy everyone one is, so the blog hop is open all week, so join in any time! Simply grab our badge below and add to your post along with a link to us, and let's see those wonderful photos! Be sure to hop along and visit other blogs, too!

Comments

  1. Only you huskies are happy. It took Pop 3 1/2 hours to get home from home yesterday and he wasn't happy. The commute should be about half an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but smile at that video of your pups loving the snow. I feel like it was just summer, it's hard to imagine you have that much snow already! Thanks for showing us, once again, what a special dog Gibson truly was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memories. Newfallen snow is beautiful. Too bad it arrives and so does ice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eight inches???? We haven't seen that much snow in a whole winter in years and years and years!!! Thunder was like Gibson. He would love to take a nap in a snowpile:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got six inches here in NYC, and it was very unexpected! It took our mom a long time to get home from work. Thanks for sharing your memories with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow - I would love to spend sometime in snow but I think Madam would sit indoors and watch me, a Diva does not like getting her feet wet BOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the wonderful flashback memories. We got maybe two inches of snow here but it's all gone now. Love seeing them having a great time running around in the snow. Have a great rest of your weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got several inches too and I hate it. But boy that video of your huskies made me smile. I’m glad someone likes the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, yes. Rotties LOVE the snow too. Cookie is very happy about having all-you-can-eat ice cream as far as the eye can see. And hunting mice also seem to be easier for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that photo and quote, it's so lovely. Your video of the dogs in the yard is great, Huskies just love to get out there and explore the freshly fallen snow. I can't believe Chloe is a sun loving Husky - how unusual LOL! Icy can't wait for more of that white stuff!
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used to have a Keeshond who LOVED the snow! It was so much fun to watch her in it. My Eskie mix seems to like the snow, but my other two dogs only like it for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your huskies look like they had a blast in the snow. We recently had an unexpected snow blaze Thursday night which caught everyone in the NJ/NY area off guard. Horrible driving conditions and delays BUT thank goodness it's sunny this past weekend. Snow is great to play in...not so much to drive in. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet they love running around in the snow! We rarely have it here, but I'm sure the girls wouldn't like their furry paws getting wet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!