Picking a Puffy Pumpkin on a Flashback Friday!

Flashback Photo of Gibson, Autumn 2014

Ohhhh, that face. That sweet face. Gibson's face still melts my heart whenever I see a photo of him. It is hard to believe this is our third Autumn without my big, silly, loving, wooly boy. While Harley is the alpha queen, his true love, and the Pupsters' surrogate momma, Gibson was the glue that held them all together as pack. Where he went, they all followed. If it was chilly, they all huddled around him. If it was hot and he dug a massive hole under our maple tree, they all followed and dug neighboring holes to lay all around him. He was Harley's "hubby" and the Pupsters' big brother. While Huskies are known to be pretty silly, Gibson was the king of making me laugh. And he always seemed to know exactly when a laugh was needed. Even with all his challenges of living with Canine Epilepsy, if he was a human (and at times I believe he thought he was), he would have had a brave smile on his face, making sure everyone around him was laughing and feeling happy. That was my boy. 




Oh, how Gibson loved stuffed toys, and he really loved holidays; from their birthday parties (with ice cream cake) to Christmas season, and even Halloween, he enjoyed it all! Here in this Flashback photo from four years ago, I had just gifted all FiveSibes with stuffed pumpkins for Halloween, and Gib kept a (polar bear) paw on his! 


While Harley, Wolf, Bandit, and Chloe are doing well and keeping me entertained and loved, Gibson's essence and personality is always missed. But, how nice to be able to look back at the many photos journaling their lives and be able to see him once again, like a brief visit, and relive his amazing qualities and the many, many smiles he gave me over his almost 10 years. How blessed I feel to have had such a special dog in my life, and to be the FiveSibesMom.

Five Little Pumpkins for my FiveSibes, especially for my silly Gib:






YOU'RE INVITED! Come join in our weekly stroll down Memory Lane in our weekly FiveSibes Flashback Friday Blog Hop! Whether you share a photo of your pet (fave family, vacation, and landscape flashback pics welcome, too) from yesterday or yesteryear, let's have fun looking back over the amazing lives of our pets and past memories! What a wonderful way to kick off the weekend, too! We know how busy everyone one is, so the blog hop is open all week, so join in any time! Simply grab our badge below and add to your post along with a link to us, and let's see those wonderful photos! Be sure to hop along and visit other blogs, too!









Comments

  1. I didn't know Gibson, but he looked such a handsome boy. However long ago that our fur family members leave us, we never stop loving and missing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was such a handsome and sweet boy!!! Thank you for your encouragement about Lightning. Mom remembers well all that you went through with similar surgeries.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I love all my dogs, but it was
    Brut that made me laugh. He had great timing in his humor. And most of the time he thought everything was funny. lol I miss my boy too.

    I don't know why they had to leave us so early. Thank goodness for the time we had with them.

    What a great way to remember Gibson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something especially memorable about dogs and autumn. Gibson looked adorable with his pumpkin. Such a sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gibson sounds like he was so much fun to be around and impossible not to love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds like he was a very very special boy from all your stories and was so blessed to have had you as his Mom. I hope with the sadness these memories bring a smile to your face also

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!