Newsy Tuesday: Exciting Writing Award!


In the words of my FiveSibes, "Wooooo!" 


I have been a long-time member of the Dog Writers of America Association (DWAA), and was thrilled to have some of my work recognized! Last year's nominations included my FiveSibes "The Sibe Vibe" Dog Works Radio show on Canine Epilepsy, featuring Dr. Karen Munana and Julie Nettifee of North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine; for a photograph of Gibson, and for my humorous  "Vote Gibson!" blog post. 

This year, I was once again so proud to have my work receive nominations for a  photo of Wolf  and for my blog article on my two shelter dogs I adopted from our local SPCA. But, to have received the news that I won the prestigious Maxwell Medallion medal for my blog article, out of 8 other finalists who are all talented writers, I am honored! As a career photojournalist, at the end of the day, it has always been my sincere hope that my stories touch people in a special and unique way. Whether I am writing about dogs, children, or events that are going on around us, if my words can bring joy and a smile to someone, than I have successfully done my job. And for me, I'm truly blessed for my job is also my passion. To have that work recognized, makes me very proud. 




I have to take a moment to thank the DWAA for honoring my work! I also want to say "thank you" to all my readers and listeners for taking the time to read my books, articles, and blog, and for tuning in to my "The Sibe Vibe" radio show. I love the opportunity this affords me to "meet" so many of you, and write and discuss topics we can all relate to. I would also like to thank my FiveSibes, my five amazing Siberian Husky furkids - Harley, furanangel Gibson, Wolf, Chloe, and Bandit - who are my inspiration each and every day and are the basis of my canine writing and this very blog. And, to my amazing angel mother, who always supported, enjoyed, and yes, showed off, every piece of my work for the past 40 plus years. I feel her with me every day, and know she would have been very proud of this medal for my work.


I know I am a tad late in this post (to the tune of several months!), but, I have shared on Facebook, so some of you may have already heard. And, as most of you know...life happens! Between the birth and daily wonder of my first grandchild, health crisis with two family members, several flare-ups of my RA and Fibromyalgia over the past few months, and two Huskies recuperating from infections, my blog's "To Do" list certainly has grown! So, hopefully, I'll start playing catch up! I'm sending a sincere thank you to all of you, dear readers, for hanging in there with me and my FiveSibes, through all the good times, the rough times, and all the times in between!




Comments

  1. Congratulations! What wonderful news and so well deserving! I bet the FiveSibes are celebrating with you and are so proud of their mom. Write when you can and we will be here to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - that is a wonderful accomplishment!!! We did not know about all the difficulties in your life, but we understand that family comes first. We hope life takes a turn for the BEST very soon.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canine-grats on a well deserved award! I'm sure your ❤︎ boy, Gibson is wagging his tail in solid agreement. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is exciting! Big congrats from all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!