Flashback Friday: Memories of Birthdays Past

With my birthday coming up, I have been reflecting back on how much has changed since last year's birthday when my family surprised me with a beautiful Gibson cake! 

I had fun that day with him and the cake and now cherish we had that as no one knew what the year ahead held. Not only did I lose my beloved Mom in November, but then Gibson left to keep her company in December.

My Flashbacks are from birthdays past that were shared with my amazing mother
and beloved Gibson. Pictured here is my Mom and me with a Husky she gave me as part of my gift! This birthday almost closes out the year's "firsts" of holidays and celebrations without my Mom and my boy, Gibson, here with me. 


I wish I could say it has gotten easier. It hasn't. I miss them both with all my heart every single day. I'm just learning to adjust my life to their not being part of it; the absence they have left is always felt. They will be forever be in my heart.

"Those we love don't go away, 
they walk beside us every day. 
Unseen, unheard, but always near. 
Still loved, sill missed, and forever dear."  
~Author Unknown


 The Flashback Friday Blog Hop is brought to you by us - the FiveSibes!  We welcome our co-host Love is being Owned by a Husky! We hope you'll find a photo or video from Memory Lane, post it, and link up to our Blog Hop each Friday! If you don't catch it on Friday, you can link up any time during the week! To catch our past Flashbacks, just enter "Flashback Friday" in the search box.  Come join us! We'd love to see your pets' Flashback pics! Just grab our badge below:
 




We are also joining in the Pet Parade, hosted by Rascal & Rocco, Bionic Basil, our co-host, Owned by a Husky, and Barking from the Bayou! Be sure to visit them and their hoppers!




 

Comments

  1. That was a nice flashback. Thank goodness for happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many beautiful memories of both your Mom and Gibson. Treasure them always. And here's an early Happy Birthday wish for you.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flashing back with you. It would be nice if acceptance got easier but it remains to be difficult. I'm sending my love. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!