"This holiday is especially timely as it's just a few days prior to July 4th - the time of year when many pets go missing due to fireworks and other loud noises." ~ASPCA
Another key item is to download the ASPCA's free mobile app from the App Store or Google Play. The ASPCA app, "shows pet parents exactly what to do in case of a natural disaster. It also allows pet owners to store vital medical records, and provides information on making life-saving decisions during natural disasters."
The ASPCA mobile app allows pet parents to:
- Access critical advice on what to do with your pet before, during, and after a major storm—even if there’s no data connectivity.
- Store and manage your pet’s critical health records.
- Receive a personalized missing pet recovery kit, including step-by-step instructions on how to search for a lost animal in a variety of circumstances.
- Build a lost pet digital flyer that can be shared instantly on your social media channels.
- Get the latest and most relevant news about pets and animal welfare.
Check out the ASPCA's "IDs, Please!" graphic, and share with others to help bring awareness to many more households this holiday to help keep pets safe and happy all summer long!
As part of their "IDs, Please!" Campaign, the ASPCA is also hosting a Summer Giveaway that consists of:
- ASPCA Tote
- ASPCA Frisbee
- ASPCA Beach Ball
- ASPCA Towel
- Subaru Yoga Mat
Congrats to the ASPCA Giveaway Winner
Spencer the Goldendoodle!