It's also a great time to review some innocent looking dangers:
- Easter plants and flowers, i.e. lilies are pretty, but they are toxic. Go faux!
- Easter basket grass (better yet, don't use it; use crumpled up tissue paper).
- Easter basket toys - watch out for those small parts and toy batteries!
- Chocolate (and be careful where those chocolate eggs were hidden so none are left behind after the hunt).
- Sugar-free candy, gum, cakes, etc. containing Xylitol (and watch those open purses or coat pockets where dogs can get into).
- Sugary desserts, candy, cakes, and jellybeans
- Coffee, tea, and other caffeinated beverages
- Fatty gravies and foods
- Onions, garlic, avocado,nuts, raisins, and grapes.
- And keep pets behind gates, doors, or in kennels as guest arrive & depart to avoid stressing them out, and also so they don't pull a Houdini and escape.
*For Phantom* I'm dedicating today's post to a dear furpal and one of our first blogging friends who was also featured in our above Easter Parade - handsome "Phantom" of the OP Pack at the Chronicles of Woos blog. Learning of Phantom earning his furangel wings yesterday brought tears to my eyes. Phantom and his pack family have been dear long-time Blogville friends of ours, dating back to when we first joined this amazing Blogville community. So many of us have laughed and smiled with them over the years, watching these beautiful Sibes bask in "sun puddles," patiently wait for treats while sitting so beautifully for the camera, dig up their Hu-Mom's plants, have fun in the snow, and really take care of that amazing always-white carpet! Their photos are mini essays - slices of their lives they have graciously allowed us all to be part of. Their mom is one of the most supportive, kindest people I've come to know. My heart breaks at the loss of Phantom, who joins fursiblings Thunder and Dakota, North of the Rainbow Bridge. While Phantom was a true trooper with recent bout of tail issues, he lived a very happy, wonderful life with a loving family he was truly blessed with. He will be sorely missed here. Our hearts and woos go out to his Hu-Mom, Hu-Dad, and sibelings Ciara and Lightning. Run free, beautiful boy. You will remain in the hearts of those who knew and loved you always.