It's the Dog Crazy Meet the Bloggers Getting to Know You Blog Hop! Come on By!




For today's post, I'm joining in "Meet the Bloggers," a fabulous networking and "get to know the blogger behind the pet" event! At the end of this post is a list of today's hosts, so I hope you'll be sure to pop over and visit their blogs, as well as all the "hoppers!" 

First up, they asked for a photo, so here's one my daughter shot of me on my birthday this year with my five Siberian Huskies, for which this blog is named after!

 My FiveSibes & I: Harley, Gibson, Chloe, Wolf & Bandit

These are questions we were asked to answer so all those who are joining in the hop can get visit and get to know each other outside of our furkids! We were asked to answer a selection of questions and these some I thought I'd chat about!

Meet the Bloggers (MtB): What’s your favorite non-animal related book? 
FiveSibesMom (FSM): I have many! However, I did love The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. (Yes, I know there were dogs in it...but it was not technically a dog book!)

MtB: What’s your favorite holiday?  
FSM: Christmas!

MtB: Favorite meal?  
FSM: Oh, hands down it's the Thanksgiving Day feast! I love turkey and stuffing and sweet potato pie, garlic smashed potatoes, my daughter's paprika potatoes (I love potato dishes, can't you tell!) and cranberry sauce...I just love it all! Even better? The next day leftover turky, stuffing, and cranberry sandwich! Oh, yes, and leftover pumpkin pie or apple crisp for breakfast with a hot mug of flavored coffee (pumpkin!) Yummmmm!

MtB: What do you like to do in your free time?  

FSM: Because I am a writer and photographer by trade and am usually almost always doing both, I like to do things that can relax my mind, recharge my creativity, and are good for the soul. I love to just relax with my daughter and the Huskies and catch up on some DVR'd TV shows while the dogs sleep all around us, or grab a coffee to go and jump in the car with my daughter and just drive around to no where in particular while talking and listening to the radio. Or, sit by the pool or out in the snow with a coffee and the Huskies and just absorb the beautiful day and fresh air! Good times!

MtB: What one word would people who know you use to describe you? 

FSM:  I hope "caring."

MtB: If your pets could talk, what one word would THEY use to describe you?
 

FSM: Hmmm....not one word, but they'd probably say I'm a great mom who loves them very much and takes great care of them...but, I could be a little more generous with the nom-noms!

MtB: What is one thing you’ve done that you’re most proud of? FSM: Having and raising my amazing daughter. Watching her grow up from a beautiful child and become the beautiful, intelligent, compassionate woman she is today is my greatest pride!

MtB: If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?  

FSM: Normally, I'd say not one thing. I'm blessed to have the wonderful life I have, with it's joys and sorrows, ups and downs...But that said, I'd really like to reduce to eliminate something I was diagnosed a few years ago, Rheumatoid Arthritis. It came on suddenly after two sudden serious surgeries. I watched my mom battle Osteo arthritis and admired how she does so. With RA, I'm having to rethink how I do things as my joints fail, become inflamed and constantly in a degree of pain, including my hands, the tools of my trade...and while I am doing all I can to be the strongest and best I can be, some days it is very difficult. The mind says "You can do it!" like always, but the body says, "Um, hold on, we can't any more." It's painful, it's debilitating, it's limiting. I have to think about little things now like how can I pick up that glass without dropping it? Or how can I put my socks on? Will I be able to take the Huskies for a walk? So, I'd have to say I'd like to remove RA from my life if I could...however, I know there are folks out there fighting health battles where there are no therapies to try...so while it is difficult and it is serious...I know others have graver difficulties that I am blessed not to have. Plus, now, I network with other folks who have RA and hopefully join others in shining a light on a more holistic approach to battling it.

MtB: Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy?

FSM: My daughter, she's also my very best friend and everything has so much more meaning when we do things together! She's my go-to gal and such an amazing person. My family (including my Huskies and cat) make me smile and laugh every day! And while this will make it four things, my writing and photography go hand-in-hand for me. I love to see the world through the lens of my camera and then write about what I've seen!

MtB: What drives you nuts about your pets?  

FSM: Not one thing. They are a constant source of love, happiness, silliness, and pleasure!

MtB: What melts your heart?  
FSM; Everything! Especially when they gaze at me with their blue eyes and snuggle as close as they can get to me...their love and devotion just melts my heart, everyday.

Well, that's enough about me! I'm going to enjoy visiting others blogs and getting to know all a bit better! And...now I will return you to your regularly scheduled news about the FiveSibes! 

Before I sign off, I'd like to personally thank our hosts for this wonderful "meet-n-greet" event:
Kol’s Notes, Go Pet Friendly, I Still Want More Puppies, No Dog ABout It, The Daily Dog Blog, My Brown Newfies, Cindy Lu’s Muse, Life With Desmond, Bringing Up Bella, Heart Like a Dog, Rescued InsanityPeggy’s Pet Place & NEPA Pets!
 Please be sure to check out the fabulous news, photos, info, recipes, and more on the hosts' blogs listed above, and the hoppers' blogs below! Be sure to tell them the FiveSibes sent you hoppin' on over! 

Comments

  1. I am so glad that you joined the hop and I had the chance to learn more about you and see a picture!
    I'm sorry to read about your RA, my mom has that too and I feel for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to learn more about you!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to get to know a little better! I LOVE that pic of you and the Sibes! It is very difficult for me to get even one of my Sibes to look at the camera while a pic is being taken LOL
    Ah well! I wish you the best of luck with your holistic approach to Rhumitoid Arthritis!
    ((husky hugz)) From you pals at "love is being owned by a husky" #91 in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! It's really nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Y'all!
    Just wanted to stop and thank y'all for stoppin' for a visit!
    Enjoyed reading about y'all. This sure has been a fun hop!
    Y'all come back now!
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love that photo of you and all of the pups! I'm really glad you joined us for the hop & it was nice to learn more about you (and to discover a fellow potato fan). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your holiday blog header.

    Sorry about the arthritis. I can relate to your situation. I have debilitating back pain I deal with and some days I have to onto the floor on all fours and use the windowsill to stand up. I am seriously considering getting a grabber to help put my pants on in the morning.

    Nice to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!