With Gratitude on Mother's Day

The Pupsters with their surrogate mother, Harley.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms of two- and four-legged children! The Pupsters Chloe, Wolf, and Bandit gave their surrogate mom, Harley, some Sibe kisses and nose pokes as their special gift to her today!


Before we share our special Mother's Day video card with you today, I would like to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude. Yesterday, as you know, was a very sad day for us here with our sweet cat Smokie suddenly leaving for the Rainbow Bridge. I would like to take a moment to say "thank you" with heartfelt appreciation for all the wonderful comments, notes, Emails, and tributes to our sweet girl. This is truly a wonderful community of caring and compassionate pet lovers, and I'm so proud to be part of it. Your thoughts and wishes have been so comforting as we make this journey of losing Smokie and having to adjust back to a life without her. Our sidewalk is so bare without her furry self rolling to and from, waiting for her belly rubs. Her scampering across the grass, like a great gray huntress, is sorely missed. The constant friendly twitching of her tail and her sweet mews remains in our minds, wishing we could see her silly, happy frolicking one more time. I am thankful for all the fond memories as I look at her photos and remember how much we loved her. She is at peace at home now under a giant shade tree in our front yard that she once ruled. Binx is definitely missing his best friend and mentor. Life sure will be different without our Smokes there to greet us each day and to show Binx the lay of the land. Thank you so much, all of my dear Blogville friends (and some new friends too!) Your words have brought me great comfort.

Now back to today. It is a special day - it's Mother's Day. First, I am blessed to have a wonderful daughter who makes my job as Mom the best in the whole wide world! She is my daughter, my best friend, and the co-parent of our pack family! I am blessed to have a wonderful mom, who is an inspiration to me and a wonderful role model (and she is 90 years young!) And I am so lucky to have such wonderful furkids. Today, Mother's Day, I along with Harley, Gibson, Wolf, Chloe, Bandit, Binx, and Furangel Smokie, wish all the moms of both two- and four-legged kids many, many happy and wonderful treasured moments. We hope your day was a special one, and be sure to get in some extra hugs, kisses, and pats.

To celebrate in true FiveSibes™ fashion - here's a Mother's Day video card from our pack to yours. We hope you enjoy it!


Comments

  1. Hey FiveSibes!
    Wow, you furiends can really sing! I think you should try out for a talent show because your voices are wonderful. I'm sure your Mom was very happy with your tune.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and purrs to you from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most beautiful Mother's Day Song I have EVER heard.

    I am so very much sorry about Smokie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew that Huskies were sooooooo noisy!! lol. I thought Dakota was loud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up and so sorry to hear about Smokie. Just wanted to let you know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. What a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A chorus of love! Happy Belated Mother's Day to one of the great moms in our community.

    We were saddened to read of Smokie's passing. She was an elegant lady who clearly had a big impact on those around her.We wish her peace and extend paws and arms of comfort to those she left behind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!