It's the Christmas Edition of Regressive Dinner for Pets!

Gibson is eager for the sweet potato chews!
Christmas is almost here and with it comes the aroma of all things delicious! Today is the Christmas edition of the Regressvie Dinner for Pets blog hop hosted by Two Little Cavaliers. It's a different sort of blog hop without a Linkys, but please be sure to check out Two Little Cavaliers page for the list of particpants and check out their yummy recipes too!

 



This edition focuses on Soups, Salads, and Sides. We chose to reprint a recipe from Food.com for Sweet Potato Chews for Dogs! Our Huskies love anything sweet potato, and this is a wholesome, low-calorie, healthy treat for them. Whip up a batch for them this Christmas and see how happy they will be!

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
  2. Wash the sweet potato or yam (the very orange type).
  3. Cut down the middle lengthwise.
  4. Then cut long lengthwise slices about 1/3 of an inch wide and place on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
  5. Bake in oven at 250 F for about 3 hours.
  6. This leaves them kind of chewy but you could also bake them a little longer to get them crunchy.
    Bon Appetit!

Comments

  1. Sounds great. Kind of reminds me of years ago when we had a dog on a special kidney diet. They didn't make special treats back then and I hated giving the other dogs treats and not Bart. So I got some of the canned variety of his special food, cut it into 1-inch cubes, and baked it until the outside was nice and crunchy and the inside was soft. Bart loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love sweet potatoes too and your recipe is so easy - Mom just has to make them for us. We saw her unpack a couple of sweet potatoes today, but we think she might need more than just two:)

    Happy Holidays!

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I can talk my mom into puttin SWEEEEEEET potatoes slices into the dehydrator thingy fur me. I like them. Yours sound FASTER though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I am sure Finn would go nutso for these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these sound so good! My Dad's really drooling over the keyboard now. He loves sweet potatoes and yams. I usually get the skins after they have dinner. Delish. Obviously I gotta get them to just bake me my own batch!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  6. My people eat those. I don't remember them giving me any though :(

    Pippa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!