You're Invited to the Canine Epilepsy Summit Hosted By VetVine & NC State University Canine Epilepsy Research Laboratory
Have you heard
about our the
#YourPetsBestLife Health Summits?
VetVine and North Carolina State University Canine Epilepsy Research Laboratory have joined together to host webinars that will inspire hope and drive change in how caregivers manage pets with chronic health problems. They kicked off the Series with a focus on arthritis in dogs and cats.
Beginning in October and into November (National Epilepsy Awareness Month) we will learn from renowned veterinary experts about all that we can and should be doing to help our canines with epilepsy thrive and live their best life!
Join us on Tuesdays
October 18th - November 8th
Most dogs with epilepsy have a normal lifespan, and with "proper packing for the journey," they can enjoy a best quality of life with their humans. Join us in this one-of-a-kind Summit!
Take advantage of Early Bird Pricing and Sign Up Now!
Registration Button at Bottom of This Post
7:30p - 9:30p ET
SAVE $20 with Early Bird Registration!
for a $10 Discount to Registrants
(Vet or Non-Vet)!!!
The focus of this second session will be on optimizing treatment plans, and maximizing epilepsy care, quality of life, and patient outcomes
- Medical management of epileptics - Which drugs and when? Side effects and comparative costs of drugs. Monitoring patients and making adjustments to treatment plans.
- Treating medication-resistant seizures - non-drug treatment options and emerging therapies
- Answers to the most commonly asked questions about medications and patient management
Canine Epilepsy - Management & Treatment Considerations cont'd
Tuesday, November 1, 2022 @ 7:30p-9:30p ET
· Holger Volk, PhD, PGCAP, DECVN, FHEA, MRCVS
· Curtis Dewey, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Neurology), DACVS
· Marios Charalambous, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, DECVN, MRCVS, ABVS and EBVS Recognized Specialist in Veterinary Neurology
· Devon Hague, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology)
This session will delve deeper into management of epileptic dogs through nutrition, integrative and complementary treatment interventions, and treating seizuring dogs
- The role of nutrition - what and how it can impact the disease
- Incorporating evidence-based integrative therapies in the care of epileptic dogs including medium chain triglycerides, omega 3 fatty acids, CBD oil, Chinese herbals, and acupuncture
- Management of seizuring dogs at home- Managing the Seizuring Dog in the ER and veterinary practice setting
Lynchpins to the Successful Management of Epilepsy &
Achieving a Best Quality of Life for Pets
and Their Owners
Tuesday, November 8, 2022 @ 7:30p-9:30p ET
- Rowena Packer, BSc (Hons), PhD
- Kathleen Cooney, DVM, CHPV, CCFP
- Karen Muñana, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Neurology)
- Julie Nettifee, RVT, MS, VTS (Neurology)
This session will delve deeper into the veterinarian-pet owner- dog relationship and the factors that can impact successful management of epileptic dogs.
- What the research shows is important to pet owners, veterinarians, and veterinary specialists when it comes to managing canine epilepsy
- Leveraging the veterinary team to successfully care for epileptic patients
- Quality of life assessment and considerations
- Epilepsy and what the future holds
- Admission (Attend live and/or view On Demand)
- Exclusive offers from the Program Sponsors
- Digital packet with helpful information and resources
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FEE*:
VETERINARIAN & VETERINARY TECHNICIANS (4 sessions)
- $59 (Reg. $79) - Non-CE credit eligible or
- $109 (Reg. $129) - CE credit option - earn up to 7 hrs of RACE-approved CE credit**
NON-VETERINARIANS (4 sessions - non-CE credit eligible) = $29 (Reg = $39)
***Don't forget our FiveSibes #LiveGibStrong Promo Code: PACK for $10 Discount!***
*FREE for VetVine Premium Membership subscribers who register before 10/18/22
Early Bird registration savings end 10/7/22
Program is pending approval for 7 hours of CE credit for veterinarians
and veterinary technicians by AAVSB RACE, NY State, and the NJVMA.
Don’t Forget to use
Our FiveSibes Promo Code: PACK
for a $10 Discount to Registrants
(Vet or Non-Vet)
Attend Live or View On Demand.
Julie Ann Nettifee RVT, MS, VTS (Neurology)
North Carolina State University
College of Veterinary Medicine
Department of Clinical Sciences
1060 William Moore Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607