Tropical Traditions Brand Coconut Oil: A FiveSibes Product Review

 Harley loves this coconut oil!

I love coconut...coconuts, coconut flavored coffee, coconut dipped in dark chocolate, coconut macaroons, hard-shelled chocolate coconut candy, coconut milk, and flaked coconut, but would I like coconut oil that I have heard so much about? (See my earlier blog post about the uses and benefits of coconut oil HERE). So I decided to give it a test run. But I did not want just any coconut oil. I wanted virgin coconut oil and one that was organic. I had heard about Tropical Traditions Gold Label Coconut Oil and thought I'd give it a try. I received a sample and have used it a few different ways for myself and for my Siberian Huskies, including using it in their food. Well, it's a huge hit! When I add it to Harley, Gibson, Wolf, Chloe, and Bandit's food, not only do they enjoy their meal, there is a whole lot of bowl licking going on!

Why Tropical Traditions? Here's some other important facts about Tropical Traditions Gold Label Coconut Oil that really appeals to me:
  • Non-GMO
  • No hydrogenation or trans fats
  • No chemical solvents used in processing
  • High MCTs/Lauric Acid
  • USDA Certified Organic
  • Scent and taste of coconuts
  • Made from fresh coconuts
  • No refining
  • Hand-made, not machine-made
  • Small batches - family producers
  • Wet-milling, highest levels of anti-oxidants

FREE with order!
An added bonus from Tropical Traditions is for every first-time purchases by using our links on this blog post, they will send you a FREE gift, their book Virgin Coconut Oil: How It Has Changed People's Lives and How It Can Change Yours! This book is packed with testimonies and solid research showing how healthy coconut oil is, and it also includes over 85 recipes showing how people can incorporate coconut into their own diet.


Is There a Difference Between Coconut Oils and Where Can You Buy Tropical Traditions Organic Virgin Coconut Oil?  
 
Yes! There is a difference! States Tropical Traditions, "Virgin coconut oils are the least processed, and they should retain some scent and flavor, as they are not steam deodorized. There are two main types of Virgin Coconut Oils found in the market today: handcrafted traditional virgin coconut oil, and mass produced machine-made coconut oil." The Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is "handmade, not machine made." Click on the jar here to learn all about the differences in coconut oil!

 To check out more info and/or buy your own bottle of Virgin Coconut Oil, 16, 32 oz, or the gallon pail click on the image!



 
 Prepping the FiveSibes' kibble omelette with Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil!

This coconut oil has such a smooth consistency, it feels very velvety to the touch, and when using it for cooking, it has a wonderfully, delicious light coconut aroma. It's super easy to incorporate into cooking, too. I love whipping up Sunday omelettes for my Sibes using it, and I even dab a bit onto my Huskies food other days of the week.  


Gibson eagerly waits as I whip up an omelette 
with the coconut oil! To view our FiveSibes Canine Cooking Corner's "Cuckoo-for-Coconut Veggie Kibble Omelette," click HERE!





Woo! The FiveSibes give Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil a 
4-Paws Up Rating! 



Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.

As with any new addition to your dog's diet, always discuss with your veterinarian first.

Comments

  1. Mom was buying us coconut oil at Costco, but we have run out. We need to tell her to get some more, we think it is yummy and now we also know how good it is for us.
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!