Sweet Sunday

Today, Bandit accompanied me on a visit to see my 92-year-young mother. An animal parent and lover her whole life, she really enjoys visits with one of my FiveSibes! I've been working with Bandit (who is almost completely deaf) on communicating with hand signals and positive reinforcement to help prepare her for eventual classes. I hope to work with her so one day she can become a therapy dog. With her energy level, a job is something that would be really good for her. And she is such a contrast - super hyper, super patient, and super loving! Watching her with my Mom, who is crippled from severe arthritis, is so amazing. She is calm and so gentle, offering Mom periodic kisses! Such a wonderful visit indeed! It's only been a few years that Mom can no longer have one living with her, and she truly misses it. I love how her face lightens up when I come for a visit with usually either Bandit or Wolf. Bandit even spent a little time people watching through Hu-Nanny's front door, which she enjoyed!

On the way home, I drove through the drive-in and picked my girl up a cup of vanilla ice cream as a special treat. Then, we went home and shared the rest with the rest of her Sibe family!



Ice cream for one, ice cream for all!


You howl, I howl, we all howl for ice cream!

Comments

  1. Oh, that so sad about your mom not being able to having any animals. I remember several post where you spoke of your mother being an avid animal lover.

    How wonderful that you'd like Bandit to become a therapy dog. I bet she would be great at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is so cute. Bet you made her day Bandit
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. So a great day for all. Grandma got a visit from her furry pal, Mom got to see Mom, and the pups all got ice cream - can't beat that!!! Love the multi-licking shot:)

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the photo of your girl and your mom! Bandit would be a GREAT therapy dog...and so deserved the ice cream.

    We had to laugh that your pack is adept at eating from a spoon...we are all experts, too (but you should see the poodle girls nextdoor...hopeless)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!