Happy 10th Anniversary to Tails on the Trails!

The sled dog team was ready!
This past Saturday, we had the pleasure of being at the Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue's 10th Annual "Tails on the Trails" Husky fundraising hike that was held in the beautiful Warminster Community Park in Pennsylvania. When we were invited by TOTTSHR to come, I was so excited! I've always wanted to attend, and have participated with the Sibe kids as "remote" walkers in the past to help raise funds for this wonderful rescue. This was my first year there, and it was great! I met so many beautiful Siberian Huskies and other canines, as well as a lot of very nice people, including some readers of this blog and my FiveSibes: Siberian Husky K9 News & Reviews Facebook page who were fans of Gibson, Harley, Wolf, Chloe, and Bandit! There were some "The Sibe Vibe" listeners, too! 

Our Harley all decked out!
I had fun signing some books, shooting photographs, and also doing a little shopping of my own! Here is our Harley modeling a very cool bandana (check out those skulls and pink ribbons - to know Harley, is to know this is so her!) that we picked up from our wonderful "neighbors" at the Paws for All booth - the handmade collars, leashes, and bandanas are just so nice, I wanted one of each! And a "thank woo" to Nukka for helping us size it for Harley, who was back home with the pack family.

I'd like to share a bit of the day with you in this "Happy Anniversary, TOTTSHR!" photo slideshow video. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as we had attending it!

 


K-9 Epilepsy Resource Booklet
This event also marked a very special and exciting day for me as I unveiled this year's "Live Gib Strong" Canine Epilepsy Awareness campaign as a preview to November's National Epilepsy Awareness Month. My campaign features a poster of my Epi-Husky, Gibson, awareness tees, Live Gib Strong K-9 Epilepsy Awareness bracelets, and a Canine Epilepsy resource booklet I produced that highlights some great links and valuable information for parents of Epi-dogs. It also includes testimonials about some fabulous canines who have lived/are living full lives as Epi-Dogs, including several who we all know and love from here on Blogger: Mighty Quinn from White Dog Army, FurAngelMango, Kelly from Peggy's Pet Place, and Emma, whose Hu-Mom is the driving force behind the non-profit Canine Epilepsy Resources "Emma's Fund." This is the same organization we donate a portion of the proceeds from my What's Wrong With Gibson? Learning About K-9 Epilepsy book to. It was great speaking with folks at the Tails on the Trails event about Gibson and living with an Epi-dog - and all the joy and love he brings me! It's so important to let people know that with care and understanding, seizures and Canine Epilepsy does not have to mean a death sentence for dogs. And...they are not alone. There are so many people and resources available, it's important to get the word out there and maybe we'll save the lives of some wonderful dogs. I'll have more on the "Live Gib Strong" campaign and available items (where a portion of each will also be donated to the Canine Epilepsy Resources) in a later blog.

"Kat" diving for hot dogs!
At the TOTTSHR event, it was great making new friends, and I even met beautiful fellow Blogger Sibe pal "Kat" from Blawg and Disorder and her Hu-Mom! Kat participated in the Hot Dog Eating Contest, and did really great! Be sure to watch the video slideshow above and see some pics of her cleverly snatching those tasty treats from under water! 

I'd also like to take a moment to give a big "Thank You" to everyone who gave a donation to the TOTTSHR by pledging the FiveSibes and I as walkers! Thanks to your generosity, we raised over $210 for the rescue! Wooo!

Well, I'm off to go give my furkids some more hugs and snuggles - and some homebaked pumpkin cookies, compliments of Jen Maksin, from TOTTSHR, (who was our "The Sibe Vibe" guest earlier this month) and her beautiful girl, Epi-Husky, Nukka, who I was so happy to meet!

Have a wonderful day! 



Comments

  1. Wah, you sure have been busy. Keep up the great work!

    Sankissjuice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure sounds like a fun event. You guys sure are beautiful
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome video! I'm glad you got a picture of me kissing my mom. She doesn't like kisses, but I don't let that stop me!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video! It looks like it was a very fun and informative event. And how nice to meet so many who already "knew" you through your blog, FB page, and radio show. Kat is a cutie, and all the dogs in the photos were really pretty. Love how unique they all are, even within the same breed. I especially love the big red furry sled dog. What a fluff ball!

    Congratulations on your "Live Gib Strong" campaign! The poster is wonderful and the corresponding products sound great. Sounds like you really put your heart into it and I wish you great success!

    Harley, your bandana rocks! And you look fabulous in it!

    Suka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep spreading the word that this disease is not a death sentence. Raising awareness and letting others know of the resources available are critical! You have our admiration and support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys, we are finally catching up!!
    It's been a while and we missed you ! But now our internet problems are fixed (for good we hope) so here we are ^^

    What a great even you went !! I'm sure you had fun.

    And congratulation on you campain on epilepsy, it's important to spread the word about canine deseases !!!

    Woos of love.

    Echo & Link

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks fur sharing that pawesome video!

    We were sorry we khouldn't attend again this year - Mom works on Saturdays -

    It was so khool to see so many familiar tails in your khollekhtion of scenes!

    I SO wanted to see my MalPals Sebastian and Cinnabar - they are just SOOOOO dreamy!

    I had hoped to meet Steve and Kat too - but only Kat went that day (I think Steve was sad when he heard I khouldn't go) -

    I think Mom and I went to four of the last six - maybe next year!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Of khourse, we were sad not to get to be WOOOOO too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Shave a Husky? Don't Do it!