#LiveGibStrong 5th Annual #NEAM Epi-Dogs Callout: We Want to Hear Your K9 Epilepsy Stories!


Woo! It's time for a callout for our Fifth Annual #NEAM (November Epilepsy Awareness Month) #EpiStar Features! If you are a follower of my blog and social media, you are already aware November is a special month here for awareness, where I highlight not only information on Canine Epilepsy, but also share amazing stories about Epi-dogs (dogs who have epilepsy) from across the world. 

My ambassadorship, books, and articles on Canine Epilepsy were all inspired by my own Epi-dog Gibson’s story, who was diagnosed shortly after his third birthday with idiopathic epilepsy (and was put on a anti-seizure medications and supplements, plus I adjusted his diet and environment). Gibson had an amazing zest for life and never let seizures stop him from being my big, fluffy, loving, sweet boy. Eventually, we were able to manage his seizures, and he lived the last seven years of his life seizure free! 

Gibson inspired me to become an official Purple Day® for Epilepsy K9 ambassador, partner with The Anita Kaufmann Foundation/Purple Day® Every Day for my #Paws4Purple initiative, and why I write articles, do podcasts and our @FiveSibes YouTube videos, and share important K9 epilepsy information and resources. I also wrote the multi-award winning EPIc Dog Tales: Heartfelt Stories About Amazing Dogs Living & Life With Canine Epilepsy 264-page coffee table book, where I share stories of amazing Epi-dogs across the world and important K9 epilepsy resources. 

 
The EPIc Dog Tales front cover featuring my Gibson! 
There are still a limited amount of brand new copies on sale on my Ebay store HERE. (This is the ONLY way to order new copies from me).

I had so much interest in the book, and have since met so many (p)awesome dogs with epilepsy and their families and rescues. As a result, I launched my #LiveGibStrong Epi-Star Features series here on my blog that I began five years ago, where I continue to write stories about these amazing dogs who live with/have lived with Canine Epilepsy, but never let that stop them from loving life, like my beautiful boy, Gibson.

If you'd like to read some of my past stories about some really amazing Epi-dogs, click on the image below. These dogs are (p)awesome! 


How To Submit Your Epi-Dog 
and/or Epi-Angel Story for #NEAM
  
 

If you'd like to share your dog's story with me and have him/her/them featured, drop me a line at the Email address listed above in the image, and be sure to put "NEAM Story" in the subject line. You can send me your story (which will be edited), which receipt of your story will be confirmed. Or, I will get back to you with interview questions! 

Please don't worry if you can write - that's my job! As a career photojournalist and editor, all I need is your dog's info, photos, and permission, and I will write the story. ☺️ 

*Cut off is 15 stories, in order of receipt.*
 (If I get more than 15 submissions, I'll hold them for a later date, 
either February for Epilepsy Day, March for Purple Day®, or for November's #NEAM 2027.

Deadline for Submissions: September 10, 2026 

To view past years' stories about amazing dogs who live/d with epilepsy, visit my page HERE. There are so many fabulous stories about gorgeous dogs (of all breeds and mix/breeds) who did/do not let having seizures stop them from doing all the things dogs love to do!

I'm looking forward to your submissions! 

 

 Visit our always FREE FiveSibes #LiveGibStrong Online K-9 Epilepsy Resource Library

(click on Gib's image below to go to library) 

 

 

 

 

 
About FiveSibes and the Author HERE  

 Follow Us on Social Media!
Click on the logos below to go to some of our pages! 
 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why A Purple Pumpkin for Howloween? Plus, A Gibson Howloween Coloring Page!

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

"Freedom 46"

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs